Vet Repairs Snail's Shell After Lady Stepped On It

February 16, 2017

snail-shell-repair-1.jpg

These are several shots of a snail (now named Chevy) who was accidentally stepped on by a woman in Tel Aviv, who quickly gathered all the shell pieces and took it to the HaClinica animal hospital to see if there was anything the vets could do. Thankfully for her conscience, there was.

"For the broken shell, we need a combination of patience and finesse with epoxy glue" the clinic wrote... "We make sure the glue stays outside the shell and does not penetrate the inner patch."


The operation was a success. Soon the time came for the snail to move back into his little portable house. The brave survivor will stay at a clinic for a few more weeks or months to make sure he is ready to go back into the wild.

Happy endings, right? You know I remember accidentally stepping on a snail once when I was walking my dog and when I realized what happened I instantly got so sad inside. Then I panicked and picked it up and ate it. The vet though -- I guess that's an option too.

Keep going for several more shots including Chevy going nuts on a house salad.

snail-shell-repair-2.jpg

snail-shell-repair-3.jpg

snail-shell-repair-4.jpg

snail-shell-repair-5.jpg

snail-shell-repair-6.jpg

Thanks to Ashley, who agrees there are few sadder sounds than a shell cracking beneath your foot.

Previous Post
Next Post