This is a presentation from E3 of Microsoft showing off a holographic interface to Minecraft. Apparently the technology allows you to play on any flat surface. It definitely looks like the future, and if it actually comes to market and plays even half this decent I guarantee I will spend countless hours on the shitter playing Minecraft on my shower curtain. My legs will go numb for days at a time. Some highlights:
- You can play Minecraft right on your wall, and then transfer it to another surface.
- You can manipulate the world using your voice and your hands. And of course, you can walk around and change your viewpoint whenever you'd like.
- You can zoom in, out, and around using your voice.
- You can raise the world and see things that are normally not visible.
- Whatever you look at? The game is aware of it. During the demo, the presenter looks at a TNT pack and tells the game to strike it with lightning.
Looks pretty slick, right? "But what are the applications for p0rn?" Ugh, it's always about p0rn with you. You wanna know what the application for p0rn is? Your roommate coming home and catching you whacking it in the living room because you're wearing VR goggles and headphones and couldn't hear or see anything in real life. The real question is -- will they turn around and leave or head straight to their bedroom? Because I would roundhouse kick you in the penis without hesitation.
Keep going for the video, but skip to 2:25 to prevent yourself from giving up before getting to the cool shit.
Thanks to Lindon, who wants to plug into the Matrix and stay there for ever. Me? I want to plug into a soft-serve ice cream machine.