*Sniff Sniff* Why's It Smell Like S#!Tburgers?: Farting Cows Lead To Barn Explosion, Fire

January 28, 2014


Ninety cows busting serious ass in a cow shed in Germany caused the shed to explode after a static discharge ignited the methane gas, starting a fire that damaged the roof and caused one cow to require treatment for a burn. When reached for comment, every single cow vehemently denied they were the one who dealt it.

In a statement, the force said high levels of the methane gas had built up within the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf on Monday thanks to animals belches and flatulence, before "a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames."

The animals can emit up to 500 litres of the greenhouse gas methane each every day through belching and flatulence. Cows also release large amounts of ammonia.

Could you imagine the smell? I bet that was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I actually had a friend who had to be treated for a fart-related fire injury back in high school. He was wearing nylon track pants and tried to light a fart and it worked -- really well. To the point his pants melted to his ass. I actually saw it with my own two eyes. Granted I wasn't thrilled about watching another man fart, but in this case I think we can all agree it was worth it.

Thanks to Rev Dr Dom and Pogonophile, who have both heard stories of poorly ventilated rest-stop bathrooms spontaneously combusting.

  • Chris Gancos

    Reminds me of the scene from Black Sheep... not the one with Chris Farley

  • zin

    Self-cooking beef. Not sure if want.

    Ok, did anybody mention what happened to the cows?

  • guest

    one was treated for burns the rest unharmed...so sounds like it was a very small fire

blog comments powered by Disqus
Previous Post
Next Post