TRAGEDY: Sunlight Ignites Vodka Bottles In Liquor Store

November 7, 2012

vodka-fire.jpg

In heartbreaking news, Red Lion Liquors in Burnsville, Minnesota, suffered a loss after sunlight, magnified by vodka bottles in the store window, ignited a fire on Sunday. *yelling at bottles* What do you think you are, Molotov cocktails?!

Surveillance cameras captured the slow-starting fire, which began with smoke billowing from a display of vodka bottles. Soon, a small paper sign on top simply melts away.


Eventually, the heat got so intense that the tops popped off of the vodka bottles, spraying streams of steaming liquor. In the end, the display caught fire, sending some flames shooting up to 12 feet in the air.

Even the Burnsville fire marshal had never seen anything like it.

"It was entertaining," Hautman recalled. "The firefighters were standing next to me like they were watching a new video game. They were going, 'This is so cool!'"

Ahahahahha, that's a quality fire department right there. Just standing around talking about how cool fire is. Maybe next time they'll throw some gasoline on the flames and make that fire REALLY cool. Now, are you thinking what I'm thinking? "We should play with matches?" *wink* Meet me behind my parent's house.

Hit the jump for a local news report with security camera footage.

Thanks to Dave, who dropped and broke a bottle of Jack at a party one time and told everyone the party was over and just laid in bed crying for the rest of the night. Hey -- I would have done the same.

Previous Post
Next Post