All For Nothing: Man Wins, Dies After Bug Eating Contest

October 10, 2012

but-eating-contest-death.jpg

Ben Siegel Reptiles of Deerfield Beach, Florida, recently held a variety of bug-eating contests, with the winner of each getting a different variety of pet ball python. And apparently Edward Archibald swept the cockroach and one of worm eating competitions, eating dozens of each before collapsing and later dying. That sucks. Of all the ways to go I definitely don't want to die with the taste of bugs in my mouth. "What about--" PENIS EITHER.

Michael Adams, a professor of entomology at the University of California, Riverside, told The Associated Press that he has never heard of someone dying after eating roaches.


"Unless the roaches were contaminated with some bacteria or other pathogens, I don't think that cockroaches would be unsafe to eat," Adams said. "Some people do have allergies to roaches but there are no toxins in roaches or related insects."

Meanwhile, Archbold's friends took to his Facebook page to remember him. Wrote one: "This goes out to one of the most funnest, craziest, and most energetic person I have ever met!!! I will never ever forget u Eddie... I don't think anyone could!!"

Daaaw, that's sweet of Edward's friends to be so nice on his Facebook wall. When I die it's gonna be all, "FINALLY!" and "He owed me money." No official tally on how many insects Edward actually ate, but I would have died after the first roach (I'm a delicate flower). Rest in peace, brobro -- at least they serve steak in heaven.

Thanks to snot (real mature!) and Kareem, who don't enter eating contests, they just watch them. The dieting approach, I like it!

Previous Post
Next Post