August 13th, best known for being the day after my birthday, is also International Left Handers' Day. And, since I'm a leftie myself, I celebrate the shit out of it. Especially this special Friday the 13th edition! Some fun facts about me and the rest of the special-needs population:
1. Left Hander's Day was started in August 13 1976 by Left handers International.
2. About 7 percent of the population is left handed.
3. Lefties are also called "southpaws".
4. In twins, there is a high tendency for one to be left-handed.
5. 1 in 4 Apollo astronauts were left-handed.
6. 4 of the 5 original designers of the Macintosh computer were left-handed.
7. Left-handers usually reach puberty 4 to 5 months after right-handers.
8. George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama are all left handed. Ronald Regan was left handed too.
9. Pablo Picasso, Isaac Newton, Leonardo Di Vinci, and Michelangelo were also left handed.
10. Right handed people tend to use the left side of their brains more. Left handed people tend to use the rights.
11. Left handers tend to adjust quickly to seeing underwater.
12. Right handers tend to chew food on the right side, left handers tend to chew on the left side.
13. Albert Einstein was left handed.
14. Left handed people who have higher I.Q.s tend to have an I.Q. of over 140.
15. In some cultures it is impolite to touch your food with your left hand (because they wipe their asses with it).
16. The Geekologie Writer is the handsomest left hander, or any-hander for that matter, and once left-hooked the Devil so hard he shat hot lava.
There you have it. But if you only take one thing away from these interesting facts I hope it's #16. That's the important one. Isn't it, Devil? Haha, you're burning through those Depends! Literally.
Thanks to Alexander, who reminds all southpaws that we have to stick together. But not with glue, that's for huffing.