iPhone Allegedly Catches Fire, Ruins Upholstry

August 2, 2009


Allegedly some Dutch guy's iPhone spontaneously combusted in his passenger seat when he stepped away from his vehicle to fix a windmill and make a pair of wooden shoes. Per the translation:

Pieter from Leiden had this afternoon, unfortunately the Dutch premiere of his iPhone 3G spontaneously started burning. His iPhone 3G was on the passenger's seat in standby mode and not the charger. By returning to his car came thick black smoke through the door to the outside and the cause was his iPhone 3G in spontaneously fire was flown. Besides a total devastated iPhone 3G Pieter has also considerable damage to his car.

Pieter has direct contact with Apple Netherlands and T-mobile but n och Apple or T-mobile still take some responsibility.

Hey, weirder things have happened. I can't think of any right now but I'm sure they have. Well, there was this one time I parked my car, opened the door, and there was a $10 SITTING RIGHT THERE. Explain that one without aliens. Exactly, you can't.

Hit the jump for two more shots of the damage.



Dutch iPhone 3G flies spontaneously fire (translated)
Flaming iPhone 3G Melts a Crater In This Car Seat [gizmodo]

Previous Post
Next Post