Drone Fitted With Artificial Intelligence That Can Identify Violence

June 13, 2018

Research teams in the UK and India have developed an artificial intelligence system that can detect violence in video captured from above via a drone. Some more info while I flip Big Brother the bird and fake-fight with my friend to confuse the system while I plan a life underground:

The system is more than 88% accurate at identifying the violent people in the images and between 82% and 92% accurate at identifying who's engaged in which violent activities.


In an email, University of Cambridge researcher Amarjot Singh suggests the system could be used to automatically spot outbreaks of violence at outdoor events such as marathons and music festivals.

There are, however, lingering privacy concerns about how this and other AI-based technologies could be used. Civil libertarians have warned that when applied to photos and video, AI technology is often inaccurate and could enable unwanted mass surveillance.

I'm not sure how I feel about all this. After all, you know how I feel about doing battle unobstructed. I live for it. "Have you ever even been in a fight?" I swung my backpack as hard as I could at a school locker once. "Why'd you do that?" Because the cafeteria ran out of rectangular pizza. "Wow." Biology textbook knocked me out cold.

Keep going for a video about the system while I speculate how it handles a mosh pit or really shitty dancers.

Thanks to Trevor, who agrees he and I are both safe until they develop AI that can identify handsome.

  • Tobias Eßer

    Kill Decision - Daniel Suarez

  • KingCraigers

    Fak.

  • Jenness

    Man, it's going to be like Logan's run eventually. Just the thought makes me want to run amok screaming like a banshee.

  • GeneralDisorder

    88% accuracy? Well, as long as AI aren't firing munitions I'm okay with this.

  • Gingerbread
  • adsffda

    82% accuracy for violence, is the other 18% of the time mating?

  • caleb

    **switches to emotional attack**

  • Titty McNipplefondler

    **switches to emotional attack**

  • The_Wretched

    The sneeches on beeches and sexers on sanders are going to set off the dron3. We should just shoot them all down.
    Safety first.

  • shashi

    or we could just keep calm and STOP RESISTING!

  • The_Wretched

    Roll over and get ready to have no choice! I like it.

  • Forblat

    So... less than 2 sigma accuracy...

  • Munihausen

    Thank you for your cooperation.

  • Draco Basileus

    You have 5 seconds to comply...4...3...2...

  • Munihausen

    such a great movie, and so quotable.

  • MustacheHam

    Busting a move when you're in the groove on the streets will be a bit risky business with this tech.

  • Bling Nye

    2LEGIT2QUIT

blog comments powered by Disqus
Previous Post
Next Post