Nintendo has confirmed that they make the Switch's new tiny game cartridges taste disgusting so children won't eat them. Personally, if I were Nintendo I would make them taste delicious so kids DO eat them and then their parents have to buy another copy of the game. *tapping head* I'm a businessman.
"To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic."
According to Wikipedia, denatonium benzoate is the most bitter chemical compound known, commonly used as an aversion agent to prevent accidental ingestion, which is why the Switch cards are coated in it. It's also used in animal repellent, shampoos, soaps and nail-biting prevention.
Obviously, I expect to see at least 10,000 Youtube videos over the weekend of idiots taking the Nintendo Switch cartridge challenge. I will downvote every single one I see. I'll also leave a comment encouraging them to try sticking the cartridge up their ass to find out of their butt has taste buds (mine does, but only has an appetite for Sharpies).
Thanks to Marcus O, who agrees you should put everything in your mouth that isn't nailed down. And if it is nailed down you should lick it.