Geekologie I Watch Stuff The Superficial

People 'Allergic' To Wireless Signals Flocking To Wi-Fi Free Town In Podunk, West Virginia

tin-foil-family.jpg

Apparently 5% of Americans believe they have Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS), a make-believe condition that causes headaches, skin-burning sensations, and chronic pain when exposed to wireless signals. The other 95% of Americans recognize those symptoms as "life, get f***ing used to it!" and are smart enough to know the other 5% are nutjobs (which they are). Enter Green Bank, West Virginia (chief export: tin-foil hats), 13,000-square miles of wireless signal-free living in the 'US Radio Quiet Zone', due to the radio telescopes operating in the area and a growing safe-haven for aspiring pipe-bomb builders. Unfortunately, it's kind of a trade off -- no wireless signals, but almost certainly some alien contact because of the telescope activity. That's a tough call for a crazy person. Until you realize it's West Virginia we're talking about and suddenly burning skin and headaches don't sound so bad anymore. Trust me, I was born there. And, God willing, I'll die there after hitting a deer with my car and flying off the edge of a mountain. WILD AND WONDERFUUUUUUUUUUUUL!!

Idiots Who Are Deathly Afraid of Wi-Fi Have Found a Town in West Virginia That Bans Wireless Signals for 13,000 Square Miles [gizmodo]

Thanks to Rob, who agrees that even though our paths may wander up and down, our hearts remain in our hometowns. *wiping tear* So true, so true.

There are Comments.
  • your fat mother

    stfu you fat f.uck - your nuts probably could not get any smaller to begin with

blog comments powered by Disqus