Run For Your Lives is a 5K zombie obstacle course starting in Baltimore this fall. They plan on rolling more out across the country if it's successful. If it's unsuccessful, they will probably plan on not renewing the runforyourlives.com domain name and pretending nothing never happened. Which will be a huuuuuge mistake because that's a sweet-ass domain name and is probably worth some money. How the race will work:
- Before the race, you will be given a flag belt, just like the overly intimidating game of flag football. These flags represent your health.
- The zombies want to take your flags and maybe eat your brains.
- If you lose all your health flags, you die. And the zombies win.
- Health bonuses will be hidden throughout the course. If you find one and carry it to the finish, it will save your life.
What You're Up Against
- Throughout the 5K obstacle race, there will be 12 man-made and natural obstacles for you to complete. Runners may choose NOT to complete an obstacle, BUT any runner who skips an obstacle will not be eligible for prizes.
- There will be zombies. Their job is to chase you and eat you -- but mainly go after your health, in the form of your flag belt. Avoid the zombies to keep your health flags.
- Use speed, strategy and your intact brains to make it to the FINISH LINE with at least ONE FLAG INTACT. If you finish with zero health flags, your time will be recorded, but you will not be eligible for awards.
Sounds like fun, doesn't it? HELL NO -- I'M NOT RUNNING AROUND IN THE WOODS WITH ZOMBIES CHASING ME UNLESS IT'S THE REAL DEAL. I don't need practice to know how to run, that shit comes natural when something's chasing you. *looking down* Admittedly, I could afford to lose some weight. "Hoho, the GW's a porker!" HOHO, YOU'RE BEIN' RUDE AS F***.
Video short about running from zombies made by the people putting on the race after the jump. Not sure why.
Thanks to bb, who chased me once but I purposefully fell and pretended I was drowning, hoping to get a little mouth-to-mouth. It worked. Yow yow!