Geekologie I Watch Stuff The Superficial

That's Too Much: Man Dies After Taking Caffeine Equivalent Of 70 Energy Drinks

caffeine-death.jpg

A 23-year old British man died at a party after ingesting 70-energy drinks worth of caffeine powder. Being the life of the party: you did it wrong. Get it?! Because he died.

A statement on the caffeine's packaging says to not ingest more than 1/16 of a teaspoon, but according to testimony given at the inquest, the man swallowed spoonfuls of the caffeine -- the equivalent of 70 cans of energy drink. He became ill within a matter of minutes.


While police have said there were no suspicious circumstances and the deceased was not acting illegally, the local coroner criticized both the availability and labeling of the powdered caffeine:

Caffeine is so freely available on the internet for £3.29 [$5.27] but it's so lethal if taken in the wrong dose and here we see the consequence...


Who would take [one sixteenth of a teaspoon]? It's such a small dosage, the warning is so small on the front of it.

If you're sharing a bag, carrying it around and if you hadn't seen the warning - it could be that anyone at the party could have taken it. It's so dangerous to take something like this.

Sharing a bag?!?! Hey bro -- wanna go halfsies on a bag of caff? "No, and you can't have any of my beer or weed either." You know, I guess all the caffeine really gave dude wings after all. Get it?! Because he's an angel. Now -- fetch my Little Sister, daddy needs a new plasmid.

RIP Captain Caffeine

Man Dies After Ingesting Enough Caffeine For 70 Energy Drinks [consumerist]

Thanks to bowzee, who once drank 80 energy drinks in a row and can now piss rainbows that'll kill grass.

There are Comments.
  • I drank 4 redbulls once and thought I was going to die.

  • Joe

    didn't you write an article about a mouse in a Monster can?

blog comments powered by Disqus