Forget starting a fire or setting up a tent, that's what matches and motels were made for, amirite? Now video games, that's what the Boy Scouts are all about. Except you can't actually earn a merit badge in video games, only a belt loop and pin. FLAIR I NEED MORE FLAIR.
Complete these three requirements:
1. Explain why it is important to have a rating system for video games. Check your video games to be sure they are right for your age.
2. With an adult, create a schedule for you to do things that includes your chores, homework, and video gaming. Do your best to follow this schedule.
3. Learn to play a new video game that is approved by your parent, guardian, or teacher.
Earn the Video Games belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:
1. With your parents, create a plan to buy a video game that is right for your age group.
2. Compare two game systems (for example, Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Wii, and so on). Explain some of the differences between the two. List good reasons to purchase or use a game system.
3. Play a video game with family members in a family tournament.
4. Teach an adult or a friend how to play a video game.
5. List at least five tips that would help someone who was learning how to play your favorite video game.
6. Play an appropriate video game with a friend for one hour.
7. Play a video game that will help you practice your math, spelling, or another skill that helps you in your schoolwork.
8. Choose a game you might like to purchase. Compare the price for this game at three different stores. Decide which store has the best deal. In your decision, be sure to consider things like the store return policy and manufacturer's warranty.
9. With an adult's supervision, install a gaming system.
What. the. f***? Did you read that? Organize a family video game tournament? Play a game that will help you practice your schoolwork? The Boy Scouts sure have gone down hill since I was a Webelos. Next thing you know they're gonna start selling cookies. Which, I admit, would actually be awesome (I'll take four boxes of pot brownies).
Thanks to Zach and ellis, who just earned Geekologie merit badges in awesome, congratulations. Now hold still, I get to staple them to you.