Remember the R2-D2 home entertainment system we posted a while ago? Well here he comes again, this time with a video to prove his existence and functionality. In case you're too lazy to click the old post's link (or is convinced I was trying to send you to a porn site), I've included the system's features here.
R2-D2, an icon of cinema and a comfortable fixture in any home theater, actually uses a projector in the films -- so of course he'd make the perfect DVD projector at home! Able to project from a distance of over 16 feet with an 260-inch image, this is one R2 unit that will soon be playing back the entire message in homes across the country. Check out these features:
* Picture by DLP from Texas Instruments
* Project to ceilings and walls up to a 260-inch picture
* Resolution: 1024x768
* Contrast Ratio: 1800:1
* Lumens: 1500
* Built-in CD/DVD player. Also plays MP3/MP4 video
* iPod docking station, memory card and USB slots
* Built-in 20 watt stereo speaker system
* FM wireless audio out (channels 1 through 7)
* Full-function: forward, reverse turn 360 degrees and recline
* Millennium Falcon remote control with removable stand
* Head turns using Millennium Falcon remote control
* Plays the most popular R2-D2 sound effects
Unfortunately it appears R2's cost has increased from $2,800 to $2,995. WTF? I mean, what's it look like, I'm made of money? That's ridiculous. Like my mother told me when I was a child, I'm made from snips and snails and puppy dog tails. And, as my best guess, my girlfriend is made from a giant pie-hole that only stops talking about nonsense long enough to jam a carton of Oreos into. I don't care about what color the freaking window treatments are, just buy some!
I didn't mean that honey. I think we should go with a light brown shade like wheat or sand so they'll coordinate with the love seat and my dignity.